Monday 16 November 2009

Evening Light, Skye


My paddle around Scalpay had been very leisurely. I'm about to go to work abroad for four months, so I wanted to savour the moment. The sun was dipping fast and made a dramatic silhouette of Beinn na Caillich on the Skye shore.



The shafts of sunlight angling from behind a cloud added to the reflection



But as the sun continued to sink, it was time to leave Scalpay and head back to Corry.





The sun was setting and the temperature plummeting as I arrived back at Corry Pier. The 30km circumnavigation had taken me nearly seven hours; the slow pace suited the day - it wasn't to be rushed.

It's days like these that keep me going until the next time!

1 comment:

  1. A stunning series Ian. I do hope you have a good trip and that it won't feel too long before you are back in Scottish waters again.

    Douglas :o)

    ReplyDelete